2nd row floor console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GXPY

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I have an '09 with 2nd row captains chairs. I was wondering if you could put a Navigator floor console between them? Would the fold down arm rest on the captains chairs hit the floor console? I'm sure Ford wants a premium for an interior part like that....wrecking yard I suppose?

Attachments

• P04858_11.jpg
    P04858_11.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 538

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might get lucky and find one at a wrecking yard, though I doubt it since it would be from a new vehicle. Shoot, I haven't found any 03-06 Expys at my local junkyard.

If you do find one, I'd ask the seller if they could provide a picture of the mounting holes. I'm wondering if it would just use the same mounting as the center seat found on non-captain chair Expys...

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure a Navi console will bolt right up since they share the same body. Heck, the holes for the bracket are probably there too.
You will most likely have to buy a new one through a dealer though as what Elvato said is true. If you need a contact for discounted parts, let me know and I'll shoot you a name and number.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i've been wanting to do this mod too!!! i found one off an 04 navigator in my color (tan) i told myself i'll get it next weekend, but when i called the guy told me it was gone the same day he posted it!!

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The original owner of my truck built a custom sub box/center console for mine and stuffed a 10" fosgate in it. So if you're feeling handy...

OP
OP
G

GXPY

Reaction score
I'm sure a Navi console will bolt right up since they share the same body. Heck, the holes for the bracket are probably there too.
You will most likely have to buy a new one through a dealer though as what Elvato said is true. If you need a contact for discounted parts, let me know and I'll shoot you a name and number.

I would appreciate that. I'd like to do my homework on it. I'll bet the console is close to 1K, well at least at my dealership! Tonydiv, I'm thinking I might want to get the plates on it before trying to build anything that elaborate, lol!

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked on his site, and it still will not be cheap even with his discount. The cupholder insert alone costs $140, then you have the braket, lid, sides, and insert.
Mike Nobles at Riverside Parts is his name and place of work, but I'll get you his phone number too.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The original owner of my truck built a custom sub box/center console for mine and stuffed a 10" fosgate in it. So if you're feeling handy...

would you mind posting a pic of your second row console?? i found captain chairs for my expy and would to do something like that

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From tascaparts, the console itself is a little over a grand. From the illustration, it doens't seem to come with the lid, or the mounting brakets, which would add another 100-200 dollars. Prolly be cheaper to just build something out of wood :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett