HD tow and required addons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calman2k

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new expedition max and I'm wondering if i am seeing things right. Is it true you can't get the HD tow without leather seats and 2nd row captain's chairs?
I would like HD tow, but need the middle seat (to carry more people) and I still have car seats, which just murders leather seats.
Is Ford really going to make me choose a competitor because of their limited options?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new expedition max and I'm wondering if i am seeing things right. Is it true you can't get the HD tow without leather seats and 2nd row captain's chairs?
I would like HD tow, but need the middle seat (to carry more people) and I still have car seats, which just murders leather seats.
Is Ford really going to make me choose a competitor because of their limited options?

Have you reviewed the 2024 order guide or spoken with a sales person? Where did you get this information?

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was doing builds on the new Mustang for a couple of months before they hit dealers. There were a number of options that said you had to get the Performance package to get those options. But when the cars started hitting dealers i was seeing cars on the lots with combinations that the build said I could not do.

Like the post above suggested, go to a dealer and walk through building one on their system.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Todays leather is all fake anyway. Its purposely made that way so its more durable.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2018 max XLT with HD tow and the bench. Haven't looked at ordering a 2024 but would sort of be surprised if that wasn't still something you could get.

OP
OP
C

Calman2k

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I drive a '16 and it's getting to that point where it's not clear if it's better to get rid of it while it's still worth something or wait till it pukes and isn't worth anything. So I'm exploring my options.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I shouldn’t worry about having the ‘leather’. It’s very durable. You can get an XLT with HD tow, and ‘bench’ second row (it’s actually 3 seats, but is effectively a bench seat). This is based on the 2024 build on Ford web site.

Now, being able to get one in that configuration on the lot is a different matter.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Time to shop dealers.

It can be difficult to find what you want "on the lot" as dealers order what in their opinion sells best -- it's their business model. Been 6 years now since I bought this Expedition and I had a difficult time and long search to get one with the "bench" 2d row seat. Not only does this allow 3 passengers back there but when the set cover in in place my Dachshunds don't keep falling on the floor in the big gap. This cover hooks between all 4 headrests so they are pretty secure.

My daughter's Brand X quasi-SUV has the "captains" chairs in the second row which are very convenient for strapping in her two pre-school children in their car seats (or so she says :) . )

-- Chuck

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When we were shopping, we saw a listing for XL (government model) that had cloth bench (3-3-2) seats and HD tow. I think it was a 2020. VERY stripped of options. Shifter was on the steering column! It also had steel 17" wheels.

We ended up with a 2019 Limited Stealth, which has black leather, HD Tow, 7 seat (2-3-2). It came with 22" wheels (ugh, i swapped to 18's). Only feature I really don't much care for is the panoramic roof.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on your trim, I guess? At least what you said doesn't apply to 2024 XLT order. You sure can get 2nd row bench with HD tow pkg.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire