38.5 inch tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just need a little advice. I would like to stuff some 38.5 inch tires under my expedition. From what I have heard I will need 2 inch wheel spacers, a wider rim, new gears and obviously the tires. I searched craigslist and cant find anything close to what I am looking for. I dont mind going with a different sized rim but I would like to do this all as cheaply as possible. I plan on getting everything mounted and then regearing within a couple months to 4.88 gears. What do you guys think as far as what size rim and what kind of tires as well as where to purchase it all from. Thanks in advance.

Demontang

Reaction score
I ran 37" ssr on my 97 with 7" of lift and 16x10 welds rims. I had no problem at all with any rubbing. Biggest thing I can see is how wide the 38.5 are that you think you'll run.

Demontang

Reaction score
Hmm with 15" you'll have to balance the offset with some trimming depending on lift etc