3rd row powerfold ripped the leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrot

Reaction score
The other day I unfolded the seat in the third row and there is a plastic thing that covered the seatbelt and the leather on the side of the seat that ripped!

Anybody had this kind of problem? I wonder if warranty will cover this.

I can post a picture (once I get back from the holidays).

It is a 2007 EB.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I'd go to the dealer and see what they'll do about it.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 EL Limited. Can you post a picture? Would like to see what caused the rip. I won't move mine at all till I see what can cause damage. Thanks
PS. If you have had any issues with the drivers seat let me know.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 07 EL Limited. Perforated leather w/heat and cool. When I hit the brakes hard the drivers seat moves forward about 1/2 inch. Scares you to death. So, here is the long story. Had it to Ford, they ordered the seat track. Wrong one shiped so they ordered again. National back order stuff like that. New seat track came in. Well they did not read the TSB, which states order a new wire harness. That is not even made yet. They stated September or October. Not a full recall just they know of the problem. So beware if you have problems. Get it done before the 36K creeps up. I don't know if an extended warranty would cover it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was back in July. They finially fixed it in November. After excusses that all along the part number was for an Explorer seat track, some type-o on the parts list. . They got the correct part number now it is fixed.

Last edited: