3rd row seat add on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I just recently purchased a 97 expedition XLT 4x4 without the 3rd row seat is it possible to add a third row seat? i have 4 children and it would be an added blessing to have the extra seating.

OP
OP
G

Im sure it is possible but i thought the 3rd seat was standard in all exp.

OP
OP
G

nope it's optional,,,do you have any idea where i could find one?

OP
OP
G

I would start by calling junkyards. I have a feeling there will be a number of incidental items needed for a decent installation; seat belts, anchors, trim, brackets, etc. Then there is the color match. I suppose it's do-able thought...

OP
OP
G

If you want factory. its gonna cost!! The rear floor pan is different. Which means "engineering" an anchor system, (which is unsafe and probally illegal) or removing pan and installing one from a wrecked expy. Not an easy bolt on.

TRY THIS: www.littleseats.com

This company offers aftermarket seats for all types suv's. I bough tone about three years ago for my wife's '95 explorer limited, and it works great. Now in an explorer, it was rear facing and not well suited for big kids, but it worked, and they matched the interior seat color and apperance exactly.

Easy install with hand tools and a drill.:D

tufnoogies

Reaction score
3rd row seat

I'd like to know if manual 3rd row seats on 03/04 's can be converted to power?? and where do i find the parts needed?