3rd row seat compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Pustejovsky

Reaction score
I have my 97 4x4 Expedition and the previous owner removed the 3rd row to have more cargo room. Sometimes I need the 3rd row for kids so my question is the 3rd row in a 2005 expedition compatible with my 97? I have my hands on an 05 but dont wanna do the work to remove if it won't fit .

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never driven a 2nd gen Expy, but the wifes '04 Navigator has electronic flat folding seats. I was under the impression that the Expy was equiped the same.

You can definitely use 97-02 seats.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mjh327

Reaction score
I have my 97 4x4 Expedition and the previous owner removed the 3rd row to have more cargo room. Sometimes I need the 3rd row for kids so my question is the 3rd row in a 2005 expedition compatible with my 97? I have my hands on an 05 but dont wanna do the work to remove if it won't fit .
I just took the third row out... if you lived near I'd give it to ya

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
not compatible
2003 (2nd Gen) was first year with IRS and different 3rd row

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I have a new looking 3rd row, that has been in my garage for years. I almost never need it. Its bulky and heavy. Try a local salvage yard or Craigslist. The 2nd Gen, may work, but I doubt it. The Lincoln Navigator 97-02 will work.

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If you want to make a trip to New Mexico, I'll give you mine.

Michael461

Reaction score
+1 on the New Mexico giveaway. I bought my 97 EB with a pile of extra parts where the 3rd row seat was supposed to be. Imagine my surprise when upon removing the parts and expecting to install a newly acquired 3rd row seat, the mounting holes/hardware was not there. My other Expeditions were 2000 and up, so silly me thinking that you could just install a 3rd row seat without modifying the floor.