$650...seriously?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know this doesnt really help you but i agree with KWT. if you want a lifted truck, you pay the price. and you will have the same problems on a bronco but probably more, cuz its older. anytime you lift a truck, the front end takes a beating so you will ALWAYS have this problem at some point or another. good luck with gettin a better price. have you checked out 4wheelparts or anything like that?

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I've always liked Land Rover Discovery suvs...I wonder how they are on repairs :) "- QUOTED FROM MMRSEED

Stay away from those things. Buddy of mine works at a dealer and even the new ones are junk. The shop averages 1 tranny a day under warranty. Brakes are stupid expensive. Consumer reports puts them last in most categories.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, thanks for the heads up. I really really like them (the discos) but have not heard anything good about reliability and repairs are expensive. I also want a four wheel drive so I'm leaning toward a bronco, those I really like. I don't want to jump from one truck I'm mad at to another. Just venting I guess when my truck has spent more days last month in the shop than out of it and I've spent about as much on repairs in that time as the whole truck itself is worth....grrrrr

OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, thank you. Took 5 days but we found it. I even took a picture of it and emailed it back to the installation shop in california and asked them what it was....their response? "Yep, that looks like one we would use." No kidding, I told them that, I wanted to know what brand or type and they never got back to me so we figured it out without them. Weird thing is, my truck seems almost an inch taller now. I've heard that lifted suspensions "settle" after time and I'm wondering if spending all that time working on the suspension put it back at its original lift height. Is that possible or is it in my head?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good to know your back in business!!! im assuming it was on a lift for 5 days im sure it will settle again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65