8 weeks to order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looked up the VIN finally. Order placed Dec 6, scheduled for delivery March 20. 13/14 weeks seems more accurate rather than 8.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I ordered a 2011 Mustang Gt. The Salesman said 4-5 weeks after build date is given. The 19" wheels and Brake package, were a further delay. No deposit was given. The rebate will be honored or better one, if it changes. Customers are able to track assembly of vehicle and shipping. The most frustrating part was the shipping. It sat for days in a mixing lot in Michigan. The railroad parked the loaded auto carrier, 3 days, for repairs. In all, 11 days to ship Dearborn Michigan to Buffalo(about 6 hour drive). The next day after being unloaded, I was called to pick it up. The dealer/salesman rushed to get ready, because of the delays. To save time wiped it down, instead of washing it. He put micro scratches, all over the still soft paint. It was cloudy/light rain and car was parked inside. I never noticed until the next day. Don't let dealer lot boy touch it. If you do, check it under sun or very bright lights. The front fender had to be wheel buffed(by body shop). I did a 3hr hand 3M glaze and removed most of the damage. The dealership, got a bad survey review from me. Had I noticed on delivery, I could of refused it

Last edited:

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me guess, you're getting the 3.73 rear axle...

I didn't say anything about the rear axle when placing the order. I'm guessing it's the standard one it comes with. I did order bench seating for the second row, which I hear is rare for the Platinum trim.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about the rear axle when placing the order. I'm guessing it's the standard one it comes with. I did order bench seating for the second row, which I hear is rare for the Platinum trim.

Same here. Platinum with bench is what I ordered and I'm being told 8 weeks. Of course, the dealership I ordered from is one in the Midwest where they were one if the first to get Expys and Gators. Maybe they have more pull due to volume?

Jeka

Reaction score
Mine is going to be 17 weeks... Order placed on December 16, scheduled build week March 12, estimated delivery April 15.
Platinum Max, tri-coat white, HD trailer tow pkg, cargo pkg, rear seat entertainment system, ebony interior.

Tickbouy

Reaction score
Ordered a Limited with tow package (which includes 3.73 rear) dealer said over 8 weeks. Agreement locks in $2000 in Ford incentives. If there are more incentives available at delivery, the dealer will pass them along. The offer is $5000 off MSRP, $500 off invoice plus the $2000 in incentives. All dealers in my area have the same deal.