97 4x4 body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kustomiser

Reaction score
i have been looking at a 2" body lift on my 97 x just looking for info on this. have never done a body lift on any thing other than a truck. are there any surprises , advice to make things go easier

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
body lifts are simple but biggest things to consider is it will take some time depending on your tools, mechanical knowledge, friends ect....

best thing to do is go with a quality body lift like performance accessories (only one I use) the kit will come with everything you need and very detailed instructions..

And if you are going to do it yourself check to see how much rust you have under your expy... a lot of rust and you will defiantly need torches look up DGray69 he did a write up on his BL and he ran into a lot of problems due to rust... otherwise before you start take some time and pressure wash the entire undercarraige and then spray all bolts with PB blaster a few times a day for a few days before....

lastly get some good friends to help and BBQ and have many beverages of your choice on hand to help :cool::cool:;);)

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you are going to do all the work for a 2 inch body lift, then I suggest going for the 3 inch. You'll be sad with the 2. ( I'm just guessing)

OP
OP
K

kustomiser

Reaction score
the main reason for the lift is to run 33 nothing to crazy as it is my daily driver . i agree 3" would be better but the last truck we lifted 3" was a 89 f150 spent a lot of time and money moving bumpers, extending steering shaft. new brake lines etc that is why i was leaning towards the 2"

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
the main reason for the lift is to run 33 nothing to crazy as it is my daily driver . i agree 3" would be better but the last truck we lifted 3" was a 89 f150 spent a lot of time and money moving bumpers, extending steering shaft. new brake lines etc that is why i was leaning towards the 2"

Well, then skip the Body Lift, and just put some 2 inch coil spacers in the back, and crank up your torsion bars in the front. If you just want to run 33's. The whole job will run you $50 and can be done in an hour or 2. The body lift is very labour intensive, and could take an entire day or 2.

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah to only runn 33s do a torsion crank and get a spacer for the rear. no problems that way. if you want 35s then add the body lift.

OP
OP
K

kustomiser

Reaction score
thanks for the info i had 35 on my 89 f150 with 6 sup, 3 body lift. and wound up swapping the 35 out for 38 after a year. the truck now has 33 on it. it is not driven on the road anymore has been retired to the farm hauling trash and limbs

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah easy to do. i did the torsion crank and will get a spacer later on. then i will have room for 35s with rubbing. then body lift will be on the list! haha