97 5.4 died on me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ebmonster

ebmonster

Reaction score
were is the fuel pump relay? the fuel pump fuse is good but looked dirty on the metal part that plugs into the fuse compartment on 19 should i clean the tips on the fuse or no, is that normal?? so should i get the new relay and switch them both or?

B

bedrck46

Check your owners manual for location of the relay
Yes clean the contact area of the fuse and put some dielect grease on the contact area

B

bedrck46

lol isn't funny go to owner.ford.com and you can download a copy for free

B

bedrck46

now that is LOL as just looking at a fuse doesn't show the fuse is good most of the time you will see a break in the fuse but I have personally seen fuses that look good but test bad with a meter. same would hold true for testing a battery always use a meter or test device just because you look under the hood and see a battery doesn't mean its good And if the car doesn't start you would either test the battery or replace it same holds true for a fuse

I would strongly suggest that if you want to troubleshoot your problem that you use a good DVM and test light preferably a good meter that can read ohm's amps and volts

OP
OP
ebmonster

ebmonster

Reaction score
now lets say that the fuse is bad, if the fuse is bad, the fuel pump wont prime, right?? what about the starting fluid idea.....i used starting fluid, still did not start.....

B

bedrck46

ok lets say the fuse is bad but being you looked at it and didn't test it we don't know for sure do we

B

bedrck46

you need to also check fuse #24 under the hood and fuse # 30 under the dash
always check fuses with a meter