97 Mirrors and rear defroster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, great site!!!
I just bought a '97 Expy and I've found that the mirrors and rear defroster aren't working. When I press the button the light comes on, but that's it. Any ideas?
Thanks

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the rear defrost ck the connections at the window if they are ok test across the 2 with test light of volt meter to ck for voltage if the voltage is there then look for little openings in the lines across the window

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the rear defrost ck the connections at the window if they are ok test across the 2 with test light of volt meter to ck for voltage if the voltage is there then look for little openings in the lines across the window

Thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Since both the mirror heaters and rear window defroster are tied into the same switch, and neither work, wouldn't it be more likely that the problem lies closer to the switch?

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that may be but testing for the power at the rear widow is the easiest if no power then I would ck the switch and any relays related to it. the fuses are 27 at battery fuse box and 6 in the fuse box at dash. ther is a relay at the battery fuse box called the heated grid relay also to ck.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, my brothers dont understand the delicate nature of the defroster grid and but a breaks in a couple of them. Its an easy fix with a $15 general purpose kit from NAPA

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that may be but testing for the power at the rear widow is the easiest if no power then I would ck the switch and any relays related to it. the fuses are 27 at battery fuse box and 6 in the fuse box at dash. ther is a relay at the battery fuse box called the heated grid relay also to ck.

Any pics of this??? Going to try to work on this one this week, too...

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford