'98 EB Expy with window and door ajar problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itscali

Reaction score
Hello ALL! I am new to the forum, but have looked over many previous posts to try and solve my issue, to no avail. I did see a post back from early 2001 that was similar, and answered by RWINCH. I look forward to suggestions that anyone here could give me as Expy owners yourselves.

Main problem: Drivers side power window will roll down fine, but will not roll back up. When I push really hard on the switch to roll it up, it will usually work and get it back to the up position. Sometimes it does not work, and living in Seattle, Down is BAD! I have abandoned using any of them at all to date. Very strange thing though, when I first noticed this behaviour, it only happened when the outside temp was WARM... maybe above 75 or so. When the Expy was still under warranty, I took it in 3 times to the dealership. They had no idea what was going on, and have even replaced the main panel twice. Now that it is not under warranty, I am afraid to take it in again for the same LAME diagnosis. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Thanks for any help you folks could give... I will post the other problem in another thread ;)

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
i'd suggest first trying a different dealership. they might catch something the first one missed.

it sounds to me like you have either a bad switch or a short somewhere. your other problem could also be a switch, but the chance of all your switches going at once is slim. i'd have to lean towards a short.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an old thread but still... :)

Have you replaced the motor with a known good motor? Even the one from the passenger door?

I am guessing that the windings on the motor are bad. the pushing of the switch and the force used isn't mving the window it is the surges of electricity that are overcoming the internal motor shorts that is finally getting it to turn.

So my suggestion is to stop looking at the switch (which has been replaced twice ;) ) and start looking at the motor..

Oh and check the wires for continuity when you got the panel off.