99 Expo Signal lights not working ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
running lights, brake lights, revs lights,hazard lights all work just no turn signals idk why they were working one day then just stopped.all the bulbs are fine i can hear the blinking noise when hazards lights are on i checked fuses and wiggle the signal switch lever while trying the signals still nothing ????????

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to clean the multifunction switch. It can be disassembled clean the contacts inside.

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
faulty multi-function switch

how did you check the fuses and which fuses did you check

i got my owners manual out looked threw it to see what all fuses were link to the lights, pulled the fuses out and checked em, all good.i actually pulled all of them out hehehe just to make sure no other fuses were blown "the ones in cab an ones in engine compartment" BUT just to be sure. WHAT ONES SHOULD I BE CHECKING ???? i'll check it out again in case i miss something

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to clean the multifunction switch. It can be disassembled clean the contacts inside.

multi function switch everything else works on it though i just bought this thing it sat for 3 years i brought it home on a roll back cause it wouldn't run , sat it in the yard, tested everything out all was good,they were working, just stopped i was poking a test light in to the high an low for the high beams and ended up poking the connection back in too far were the fuse wouldn't stay in place."wont do that again" but anyway i took the whole fuse box out of it underneath dash after i put fuse box back in everything worked it just sat there for like 3 days or so after i got fuel pump install started it up then i noticed they were not working :( gerrrrr

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to be a smart ass here When you say you checked them that really doesn't tell me how you checked them

There is the wrong way and the right way and the best way the wrong way is to pull them and look at them the right way and best way is by using a test light or a volt meter

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You want to check the following fuses in the under dash fuse box #13 #15 These fuses will have power at all times Fuse #23 needs to have the key in the run position to see voltage at the fuse

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You want to check the following fuses in the under dash fuse box #13 #15 These fuses will have power at all times Fuse #23 needs to have the key in the run position to see voltage at the fuse

Smart a$$ lol, no your good i just assume ppl are smart enough to know what am saying but a few ppl I got to explain and draw them a dang map *****.i don't explain myself clearery.i pulled fuses out and just look at them my,vision is pretty good, i didnt see any issues with em,been doing that that way for years :) but no I DID NOT check voltage in the fuse box. going out now just to see

Thanks for the info i appreciate it,i'll look again just to make sure i didnt miss something.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason for checking power on both sides of fuse is sometimes one side will have 12 volts, but other side doesn't. Sometimes it can be corrosion, but others it can be a broken wire. I do the same as you sometimes, pluck the fuse first, sometimes that's all it is blown. But you eventually have to poke at it with a continuity light or volt/ ohm meter. The turn signal multi switch needs to be diagnosed/ cleaned as well. Keep us posted on your results. I have a 2000. When I get home, I can post what fuses to check, but I'm sure you know by now. Moose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk