A few leveling questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shouldn't be a problem... just make sure they are good spacers and you are going to need to re-torque them every so often... like check the torque with every oil change... also I would look for "hub-centric" spacers too if your gonna use 1" or bigger

Would it be a good idea to use some lock tight on the studs before I torque them? I should be able to fit 305s right? I just want to make sure and would that be a tight fit? I'm keeping stock size rims

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wouldn't hurt to put the lock tight on the studs that hold the spacer on... but not on the studs that hold the rim on........:badidea: but biggest thing with bigger spacers is keep an eye on the torque... if you do you wont have any problems... just like when you get new lug nuts your supposed to retorque them too... but spacers I would take the extra few min to be safe.... just my .02

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No worries I'll keep an eye on them. But would 305s be too much? This is with a 2" leveling kit in the back. How much space will I have left in my wheel wells between the tires and top of fender

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really dont know that one... mine went from stock to 37s.... maybe someone else can chime in...

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i really dont know that one... mine went from stock to 37s.... maybe someone else can chime in...

I'm having trouble finding 1.25 or 1.50 spacers. What is the stud size on a 2000 expedition? What type of spacer am I looking for exactly I know hub centric but brand and measurement wise?

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well how big are your tires now? 30' tall?

Because in metric tires it is this:

Say your tire is P-305/60/R-17

P ......is tire type (P-passenger/T-temporary/C-commercial)
305... is section width of the tire (in millimeters)
60 ....is aspect ratio [(section height) divided by (section width)]
R ......is construction type (R-radial/B-bias belted/D-diagonal(bias))
17.... is rim daimeter (in inches)

Thats what all that means for metric ratings. Hope this helped.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score