***A4WD, 4H, and 4L issues***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phoenix101703

Reaction score
Ok so I'm gonna do my best to describe this. I drive in 2H 99% of the time but, from time to time I wanna use my 4H and/or 4L (A4WD works just fine). When I switch to either 4H or 4L then try to drive within about 30-50 feet of driving I meet some heavy resistance; as if the ebrake comes on suddenly. I know that some "noise" is to be expected when changing stuff in the X-fer case but this seems highly unusual. I realize that, yes, I should see a mechanic about this. However, I've read a decent amount of the threads written and advice given; and I am impressed with A LOT of the feedback (whether it's coming from professionals or not) and it appears as though MANY of you know much more than I do when it comes to mechanical issues. Now that I am done with my incessant ramble; some advice in this matter would be appreciated. Especially if it's coming from smo0thride (lol!).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701