ABS and TC lights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the burning brakes go away after unplugging the ABS sensor?

=Doubting Thomas=

Yea, I drove the truck for about 25 minutes and it acted normal. With the sensor unplugged I have the parking brake light, Brake light, ABS light, and traction control illuminated all while getting a flashing message in the center to check the brake system accompanied by beeping. Aside from that no burning or weird behavior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expy is going in Monday to Wednesday for body work so I won't be getting the wheel bearing done until after that. RockAuto says I won't have it until Wednesday anyway. Looked into ordering the other side from both Ford and RockAuto who had no more available. Ford said they are on back order so I must have gotten one of the last few in stock online. Luckily the body shop is a minute away. The truck will be sitting for the most part as the rear bearing is howling like crazy and it doesn't have much left in it lol. Wish RockAuto wasn't so slow with the shipping.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expy is going in Monday to Wednesday for body work so I won't be getting the wheel bearing done until after that. RockAuto says I won't have it until Wednesday anyway. Looked into ordering the other side from both Ford and RockAuto who had no more available. Ford said they are on back order so I must have gotten one of the last few in stock online. Luckily the body shop is a minute away. The truck will be sitting for the most part as the rear bearing is howling like crazy and it doesn't have much left in it lol. Wish RockAuto wasn't so slow with the shipping.
Yes Amazon has set the standard for online shipping speed and ruined it for any company that isn't as well organized.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cant go wrong with this one, have it in 2 days

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027AGFT6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ This

If you can't get a motorcraft the Timkin is the next best IMO

I'm sure someone still has motorcraft left online somewhere and the dealers have to have stock. I don't have the expy back until Wednesday anyway so it's ok on the delay, usually rock auto is 2 days only on the shipping so it came as a surprise it was so long was all. They are cutting out and replacing my bubbling wheel opening so I'll have it when I get the truck back.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got these installed today and they are much better than oem. Good call Andy!
The chrome is good and heavy and they can go on and off a lot of times without rusting. I put a good coat of paste wax on them before installing I figured it would be easier that way.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my bearing/hub today. Look what's stamped on it, didn't know they did that anymore <LOL>.

IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG

Last edited: