ABS and TC lights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my way into work this morning I thought I smelled my brakes burning up, didn't think much of it. I got again in to drive to Home Depot a few minuets ago and my ABS light is on and my message center is telling me there is an AdvanceTrac TC System Fault. Again I smell burning brakes.... any idea? I'm hoping just a sensor.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also acting very strange, I feel every vibration in the road and its loud in the rear.... sounds like a wheel bearing about to give but obviously not the issue.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
On my way into work this morning I thought I smelled my brakes burning up, didn't think much of it. I got again in to drive to Home Depot a few minuets ago and my ABS light is on and my message center is telling me there is an AdvanceTrac TC System Fault. Again I smell burning brakes.... any idea? I'm hoping just a sensor.
Locked caliper?

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of last the truck locked itself out of Traction control and turned it off itself, no more smell or resistance but still noisy.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wheel bearing

mine did the same thing

mine was right rear. Scan for codes it will point you to the correct wheel

jack up the truck one wheel at a time and rock it feel for looseness

The abs sensor senses that something is wrong when the sensor teeth on the hub moves away from the sensor, triggers the abs light, then the traction control light

I never did hear anything like a wheel bearing noise, but it was loose

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea stopped at autozone while I was out and about code says wheel bearing

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you actually had a code for a wheel bearing? Did not know there was one

It was the "frequently reported fix" for the code which was to replace the wheel bearing.

Skip to 4:10 these same lights I had too, he uses a blue driver that actually tells him it's the wheel bearing. Same situation.

Last edited: