ABS light & rear abs sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RomanX

Reaction score
hey guys.. how's it all goin? I just brought my 03' EB 5.4 2WD Expy into the dealer to have an ABS light checked and they told me it was the rear ABS sensor. is there only 1? The dealer made it sound like there's more than 1, but when I called AutoZone, they said there's only one... in the rear diff. The dealer wants to charge me $264 to have the sensor replaced. Autozone is selling the sensor for about $15. I'm sure I could probably do the work myself. just want to make sure there's only 1.

Also.. assuming I get the sensor(s) replaced, i doubt the ABS light will go out on its own. is there a code to reset it? or will i have to bring it to the dealer to have them do?

thanks in advance guys..

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I crawled under the Expy the other day and was looking at the sensor. It looks like there is only one bolt holding it in place. Looking at pictures of the sensor, it should just slide in. I know a guy on another forum that is a tech at a Lincoln dealership. I sent him a PM asking about replacing this sensor. I will post up what he says.

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got under the Expy today and changed out that sensor. It took all of about 30 seconds. I am doing my 100K service so I won't get it on the road until tomorrow. Hopefully the ABS light goes off.