AC plumbing Drawing for 2001 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I a have a 2001 Expy with the basic AC controls including rear AC and controls. I am looking for both a physical and schematic representation of all the freon lines. Having part numbers would be nice as well. I am looking to have the system majorly serviced including dryer, orfice tube(s), expansion valves, hoses. Maybe the condensor coil as well. I dont want the shop overlooking some small component.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is pretty helpful. But actually looking for similar for the plumbing of the Freon system. Would you happen to have that as well? For the dual, front/rear system.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks that gets me closer. I have rear air as well so there is another evaporator core and, I wonder where the expansion valve/orfice tube fits into this. I am planning to repaint and also change the radiator support so per some shops, the condensor coil must be removed,. It would be good time to refresh the leaky hoses, etc.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I did a low-budget restoration on my 1999 about 18 months ago. Paid to have it painted then restored all the attachments and trim myself - roof rack, tow bar, running boards, bumper valance, etc. plus a whole lot of faded black plastic pieces.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I did a low-budget restoration on my 1999 about 18 months ago. Paid to have it painted then restored all the attachments and trim myself - roof rack, tow bar, running boards, bumper valance, etc. plus a whole lot of faded black plastic pieces.
How was the roof on yours? That is the number one problem on mine, Maroon faded to rust.. Second problem is the radiator core support. I have an OEM one on hand. It is a Florida car so I was surprised the radiator support was bad. No apparent rust elsewhere underneath. I think the lawn sprinkers worked on the Rad Support.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has almost no body and little frame rust which is why I decided to spend the time and money to make it look better. It's been kept outside in SC since I got it in 2003 but does have a roof over it. Also, no sprinkler attacks.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has almost no body and little frame rust which is why I decided to spend the time and money to make it look better. It's been kept outside in SC since I got it in 2003 but does have a roof over it. Also, no sprinkler attacks.
Did you remove all the trim yourself for the paint shop or did they R&R the entire vehicle? How much did you spend? I have never had a vehicle repainted, so the transaction is rather new to me. In my case, there will be rust work on the roof as well as replacing the Radiator Support.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you remove all the trim yourself for the paint shop or did they R&R the entire vehicle? How much did you spend?
Removed every piece I could get off because overspray was inevitable. Except for the roof rack, tow bar and emblems, it was faded black plastic of some type. The paint job was $1800 including tax and I spent another $1000 on supplies and a few pieces.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65