AC plumbing Drawing for 2001 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Removed every piece I could get off because overspray was inevitable. Except for the roof rack, tow bar and emblems, it was faded black plastic of some type. The paint job was $1800 including tax and I spent another $1000 on supplies and a few pieces.
Wow, that is a great price. I should send mine up your way. I am trying to figure out how to remove the door guards. I really don't want them back on as the plastic "chrome" inserts are awful.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that is a great price. I should send mine up your way. I am trying to figure out how to remove the door guards. I really don't want them back on as the plastic "chrome" inserts are awful.
Are you talking about the pieces in the picture? If so, I wonder if the chrome insert is just a decal you could remove with a heat gun.
door trim.jpg

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you talking about the pieces in the picture? If so, I wonder if the chrome insert is just a decal you could remove with a heat gun.
View attachment 79259
It is some sort of reflective tape. I tried pulling it out and it is on there pretty good. Have not tried a heat gun. I would prefer pulling the whole guard off if I can figure out how. I hope it isn't glued on.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is some sort of reflective tape. I tried pulling it out and it is on there pretty good. Have not tried a heat gun. I would prefer pulling the whole guard off if I can figure out how. I hope it isn't glued on.
I've never removed my door guards so this is just speculation but I venture they're attached the same way as the insignias, with alignment pins/holes and mounting tape.
rear insignia.png

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the lawn sprinkers worked on the Rad Support.
I remembered this comment when you mentioned something in another thread about electrolysis. Could the sprinklers be a thing? I lived in SE Florida for about 20 years and remember how sketchy the water quality was. Last house we had there was on well water and needed sand, salt and sulphur filters.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remembered this comment when you mentioned something in another thread about electrolysis. Could the sprinklers be a thing? I lived in SE Florida for about 20 years and remember how sketchy the water quality was. Last house we had there was on well water and needed sand, salt and sulphur filters.
The local city water is corrosive to copper pipes. Every house built in this town with copper pipes has had to have a repipe with PEX. I would blame salinity. As far as the RAD support, the front of the car has been exposed to the sprinklers and washed on a weekly basis from them. But I can't rule out the aluminum radiator. After the Rad support is replaced, I intend to look into the voltage differential between both.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right now, I'm repainting my radiator grille from pewter to black and have the deflector, lights, etc. removed. If there's anything in that area you'd like to see, let me know.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right now, I'm repainting my radiator grille from pewter to black and have the deflector, lights, etc. removed. If there's anything in that area you'd like to see, let me know.
If its not too much trouble I would like to see the radiator support area behind the grill/fascia from corner to corner. I am curious how much stuff is hanging onto that support. Also the grill as removed. I am planning to repaint mine as well and wonder how it is fastened.

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its not too much trouble I would like to see the radiator support area behind the grill/fascia from corner to corner. I am curious how much stuff is hanging onto that support.
It's too humid today to finish painting so I can take more pictures.

Attachments

• rad2.jpeg
    rad2.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 8
  • rad1.jpeg
    rad1.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 8

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also the grill as removed. I am planning to repaint mine as well and wonder how it is fastened.
Attaching the grille is a piece of cake; removing it is 16 chances to break off a plastic tab. I used a heat gun to soften it up a little. Painting is also a pita because you have to hit it from so many different angles.

Attachments

• grille2.jpg
    grille2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 10
  • grille1.jpeg
    grille1.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members