AC relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a relay in the upper right dash area, that controls the compressor? I want to pull it for the cold season, to eliminate cycling.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

Might be easier to answer if we knew what year you are asking about.

The reason it cycles during winter is to provide dehumidified air when set on the defrost setting & clears the windshield quicker.

OP
OP
A

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry. It's a 97. I do hear a faint click in the upper RH dash, when the AC kicks in

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just pull the fuse for the a/c.

Not a good suggestion. Pulling the fuse will work But you first have to consider what all is on the circuit for the fuse being pulled In this case the fuse that controls the A/C also controls the following

#5 15 amp
Air condition (A/C) clutch,
hybrid fan relay, backup
lamps, speed control,
DRL, instrument panel
blend door actuator,
electronic variable orifice
(EVO) steering module.

Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want the compressor to stop running just remove the wire harness from the low pressure cut off switch on the condenser. I think that is where it is loacated (I used to have a 97). It won't run then.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry... it's on the accumulator. Right side of truck, on firewall, silver canister next to main fuses...

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a relay in the upper right dash area, that controls the compressor? I want to pull it for the cold season, to eliminate cycling.

Vehicles manufacturers design the a/c to cycle during cold weather to dehumidify the interior, and to keep the compressor and seals lubricated.

Why do you want to eliminate the a/c compressor cycling?