Adding Factory Navigation GPS 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE 2

Got the radio back yesterday from the programmer and install it, reinstall the dash bezel. Still need to work on the dash bezel, must remove another quarter of an inch from the top and get the right overlay to get a professional look.

100_0244.jpg

Notice the Ford emblem instead of the Mercury.

100_0245.jpg

Here are some of what I had programmed into the radio, ie, DVD, SR (Satellite Radio) and Line Input for a ipod and to help with rear video when shifting the truck in reverse.

100_0246.jpg

This is a better picture of the different inputs. And I updated the mapping software to a newer version, the unit came with version 1P, I updated to version 6P but the newest version is 9P.

100_0247.jpg

I'm very happy with the way this has turn out so far. My radio had to be programmed for hardwire (H/W) and that was successful. The radio buttons lights up at night and I can control the brightness, the speed volume is fine. When the radio give turn by turn directions you still hear your favorite music in the background without interuption. This was more than I expected. When I finally get it finish I will add some more pictures.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I finally got the right sirius dlp module for the navigation unit after reading thru a lot of different forums. My old sirius unit and the wiring harness would not work and I couldn't get a wiring diagram for the sirius module to rewire my old harness, The harnesses are the same length about 20 ft and they cost the same price $85.00, sirius dlp module was $55.00 which was cheaper than the visteon sirius module, it costed $279.00 back in 04. Here are some pictures of the two harneses and the modules.

Attachments

• 271.jpg
    271.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 272.jpg
    272.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 274.jpg
    274.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 196
OP
OP
K

KSman

Reaction score
thanks a million corvettej. This is exactly what I was hoping to find out. I lost out on the other navigation unit, but I am on the hunt again for a unit just like yours. I cant wait to have the nice oem features from a newer 06-10 vehicle in my 03 expedition. I knew you could do this all plug and play with most dodge, chevy, & jeep, but had never done it with a ford. People just say it cant be done because a book or computer dont show it is possible, but it is. THANKS

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of work...really looks good...if i was that inclined i wouldve tried it too...but its easier for me to buy aftermarket...

OP
OP
K

KSman

Reaction score
whats the ford part number for the antenna these units need? Thanks

OP
OP
K

KSman

Reaction score
whats the ford part number for the antenna these units need? Thanks

The Gps antenna for the navigation unit is from Ford. It cost $57.00, the Part number is 8G1Z10E893B, AERIAL ASY.

pfairfull

Reaction score
2003 GPS radio upgrade

Good Day,
I too am trying to install an upgraded radio with GPS. I was able to get a unit that is out of a 2006 and it is said to work in a 2003-2006. My connections look like the ones in the photos by corvetteJ but the new unit has very different ones.
Anyone have a suggestion?

CHINGOBLING

Reaction score
I installed that same radio corvettej i like the stock clean look way better...I got a good deal on to stock nav units, anyone looking to do it lmk i would sell it.