Air Bag Light, can't get a straight answer , HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake2012

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer Exp, and can't get a straight answer from the internet. My air bag light flashes three times several times, and then stays on. I assume that is code 33. Can anyone tell me what that means? And point me in the right direction to get it fixed?? I really want to avoid the costly dealer, this vehicle is becoming a money pit, I swear it knows I paid it off in May and now it takes joy in different issues every other week with the thing, any help would be appreciated, thank you

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see if you can get the air bag codes read. if you are getting a 33 lamp flash code you should be getting a DTC Code B2292
DTC a
B2292

LFC b

Description

Restraint System — Safety Belt Pretensioner Status (Driver Pretensioner Circuit Fault)

a DTC: Diagnostic trouble code, retrieved using diagnostic tool.
b LFC: Lamp fault code, flashed on air bag indicator.

Pinpoint Test G: LFC 33 and 34/DTC B2292 — Restraint System Safety Belt Pretensioner Status

Normal Operation

NOTE: There is currently no restraint system diagnostic tool for the safety belt buckle pretensioner under the seat connectors. When diagnosing the safety belt buckle pretensioners, it will be necessary to disconnect the affected safety belt buckle pretensioner pigtail harness connector on the component and install a restraint system diagnostic tool.

The restraints control module (RCM) checks all of the safety belt pretensioners for faults. If the RCM detects one of the following faults on any of the safety belt pretensioner circuits, it will store diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B2292 in memory and flash, depending on the fault indicator, either lamp fault code (LFC) 33 or 34 depending on the fault (or higher priority code if one exists) on the air bag indicator.

Fault Conditions

The RCM monitors for the following fault conditions:

Low resistance
Circuit open
Circuit short to voltage
Circuit short to ground
Possible Causes

A safety belt pretensioner status fault can be caused by:

damaged wiring, terminals or connectors.
a faulted pretensioner.
a faulted RCM.