Air ride conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retroacc

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this site.. i own a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4x4 with air ride, i already swapped out the rear bags with coils and want to do the front end now, would anyone know if you could swap upper and lower control arms and steering knuckle (from a bone yard being mine are a little rusty looking) from a non-air expy? would they bolt right up to my truck? thanks for any advice :)

sinacle1

Reaction score
My air ride just crapped out on me. So I disconnected everything, pumped up my rear air bags and cranked my torsion bars up. I didn't want to spend the money on the "air ride conversion" so I started doing some comparing. Parked next to an expo w/o air I couldn't really tell any differences that would lead me to believe I couldn't just use "normal" parts under mine, air ride parts seem to be a lot harder to come across. I pulled my air pump and all the hoses out, I'm gonna just replace my front air shocks with regular shocks. For now I'm gonna leave the bags in the back, I put 12v to the solenoid on each bag and pumped them up till I liked the height, They have been holding for quite some time now, and I really like the added height. I'll put on a lift shortly, just trying to figure out which way I want to go.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My air ride just crapped out on me. So I disconnected everything, pumped up my rear air bags and cranked my torsion bars up. I didn't want to spend the money on the "air ride conversion" so I started doing some comparing. Parked next to an expo w/o air I couldn't really tell any differences that would lead me to believe I couldn't just use "normal" parts under mine, air ride parts seem to be a lot harder to come across. I pulled my air pump and all the hoses out, I'm gonna just replace my front air shocks with regular shocks. For now I'm gonna leave the bags in the back, I put 12v to the solenoid on each bag and pumped them up till I liked the height, They have been holding for quite some time now, and I really like the added height. I'll put on a lift shortly, just trying to figure out which way I want to go.

hey your going to need regular shocks with a 4 inch lift to compensate for the lost height of the air shocks. i learned the hard way and ended up with rear mustang shocks that are supposed to fit a 94+. NEVER GET MONROES. they are the worst. or on ebay they got the coilovers to actually compensate for the old airshock

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deena