Another Expedition Wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of ya'll might have known that in 2017 I totaled my 2013 Ford Expedition Limited. It had only around 40,000 miles on it. So we bought a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited demo that had 7,000 miles. Now it has 14,000 miles. Well yesterday we were hit from behind. I'm waiting on the cost estimate to repair. They saw some frame damage as well as some side damage around the rear side glasses. The rear door is warped and the rear bumper is pushed in. We don't know what other type of internal damage they will have. At this time we really don't know what we are going to do. We saw a 2018 Ford Expedition demo on the lot. Maybe? Oh yeah, I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago....so far no back problems....can't win for losing.Wreck 2-3-19 017.jpg Wreck 2-3-19 016.jpg Wreck 2-3-19 012.jpg

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
god thing you were not injured.
cripes the hole in the rear lift gate is piercing...

pickup took a beating,,, its scared and leaked all its fluids...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What all leaked on the ground from the crappy GMC? Looks like oil or trans fluid?. I’m guessing trans cooler line got damaged and let a ton of fluid out...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang Barry, your not having any luck lately. Glad your ok. You might consider moving, or buy a tank!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of ya'll might have known that in 2017 I totaled my 2013 Ford Expedition Limited. It had only around 40,000 miles on it. So we bought a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited demo that had 7,000 miles. Now it has 14,000 miles. Well yesterday we were hit from behind. I'm waiting on the cost estimate to repair. They saw some frame damage as well as some side damage around the rear side glasses. The rear door is warped and the rear bumper is pushed in. We don't know what other type of internal damage they will have. At this time we really don't know what we are going to do. We saw a 2018 Ford Expedition demo on the lot. Maybe? Oh yeah, I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago....so far no back problems....can't win for losing.View attachment 28656 View attachment 28661 View attachment 28663

At all costs, protect that Air Force sticker!! Appreciate your service....hope you are thinking about the '18. If possible get one that was built after Sep 18, seems they got the bugs out on the ones built later in the year....good luck!!

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What all leaked on the ground from the crappy GMC? Looks like oil or trans fluid?. I’m guessing trans cooler line got damaged and let a ton of fluid out...
looks like the gm got sick after it assaulted the expy.
the one pic looks like the body is tweaked just to the right of the top of the light.

OP
OP
barrydu4

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The early determination is that they may have some frame damage. Around both rear glass areas have a crease. The rear storage are under the rear cargo door is bent up. Is does not look good. Waiting on the report.