Another Headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running the 8000K hid's in the factory Headlights and also the fogs ( not the clear lightning but the stock expy headlights) and even thou it does kinda go all over it lights it up very well :D (see pic) I have also added a set of the hella 500ff's behind the grille for whenever I need a little extra light.

Note: The pic of night driving was taken before I had re-aimed the headlights. It was taken while driving on I-10W (just in case you notice the speedo at 80 the posted limit here is 75 :D) I got the HID kits off of ebay from store motorsportpartz the 9007 kit for the headlights is also the High / Low kit so it comes with the full relay harness as well. I have ordered many sets from them and never had a doa or any other problems. I have also seen that now they have a 50W 8000K kit instead of my 35W so I am looking at upgrading :D

Attachments

• 0830101801.jpg
    0830101801.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 0830101802.jpg
    0830101802.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 0221100017a.jpg
    0221100017a.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

dennisspeaks

Reaction score
silverstars

ok what is so special about silverstars, was at walmart and saw some on clearance for 37 bucks, must be pretty special

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
silverstar is sylvanias brand. its everywhere and works great. i dont have the brightest but the one down from the brightest. my uncle has the brightest in his jeep. i thought he had his lower KC lights on in the desert. it was just his head lights. the ones i have blind people in cars since my front is higher then the rear a little the light goes up and ****** everyone off. haha but i drive on some dark back roads to get to my school and home so i turn my KCs on and blind everyone in the way. i was thinking hids but then im weird cause since i had halogen off road lights i would need to get hid off road lights. im just weird like that. so im good with my halogens. just probably gonna get some new head lights. cant decide on blacked out lightnings or blacked out R8s. like them both. ill find something one day.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put 6000k HIDs in mine...love the look, love the output...its a huge difference at night and im installing my fogs then moving on to my wifes car...

Reaction score
I just install 5000k head and fog lights in my wife's expedition from DDMTuning. It was a easy install and looks great. I will try to post before and after pics.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
I did the same thing racenut did pretty good, I get called out to plow snow at midnight in the winter and they do a great job replaced the fog also but havnt put any behind the grill yet.