Another hesitation problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
I live up in Northern AZ about 6900 to 7000Ft. When ever I go down to Pheonix my EB starts to hesitate just when I barley give it fule? But when I come back up its fine no problems and dosnt throw a code. Guess my quesiton is how long does it take the computer to reg between elevations like that? Or is that even the problem? When it starts to hesitate I full throtle and it goes away but I could just be cruzin keeping up with trafic give it a little gas and it hesitates again. Checked everything I could think of?

Reconracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It makes sense that it would be running rich, but not to the extent that you have driveability issues. Try disconnecting the battery next time you are in the valley..may reset the computer and cause it to adapt sooner. Dunno...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have that problem when i go UP in elevation. so i think it has to do with the computer not calculating the air difference from elevation.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try cleaning your Mass Airflow Meter, this is a common part that people do not clean and can lead to hesitation, poor fuel economy and drivability issues when large elevation changes occur.

The MAF sensor not only measures the amount of air that crosses it, but it also senses temperature and the density of the air ( elevation ).

*NOTE* If you use an after market air cleaner that requires oil, make sure to clean the MAF sensor shortly after each oiling of the filter since the oil will stick to the sensor and not allow it to read accuratly.

Last edited:

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the air sensor is located in the flexible tube right after the air box. it looks like two metal square posts that hold a metal wire between them.
The metal wire is heated and the computer notes the cooling as air rushes by it. More air = more cooling. To clean it, use an electronics cleaner. no residue. let it dry before starting engine. I clean mine every 5k since i have a k&n drop in filter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1