Another lift kit question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPG2013

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with BDS suspension lifts? I was looking to install a 4" Rough Country lift under a 99 EB, but the local off road suspension shop says the BDS kits are way better, although a little more expensive. Any thoughts?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does BDS even make a lift kit for the Expedition? They make one for an F150, but you'll pay for leaf springs you can't use.

OP
OP
WPG2013

WPG2013

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything about an Expedition on their site, like you said just F150. Also, I couldn't figure out why he was talking about leaf springs.

OP
OP
WPG2013

WPG2013

Reaction score
The only current lifts i can find for our year expedition are a couple of 5" and a 5" combo (body and coil spacers)

Suspension lift kits - Ford Expedition

Everything else seems to no longer be in production and in the case of some companies they swear they never made one.

Thanks wh1te. My wife has been keeping my nose to the grindstone of late, so haven't been able to respond.
I ruled out the combo kit, didn't really want the body lift. As far as the Fabtech kit, in the footnote on the kit it states that fulltime 4wd models experience driveline vibration. With our year Expy not having the 2wd mode only A4WD, I didn't know if it would work.
I'm not sold on the Rough Country kit because of the spring spacer that has to be used in the rear. I know under full articulation the spacer has been known to pop out. I don't do a lot of rock crawling, but, some of the Forest Service roads up here can be a little gnarly.