Another New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all. I actually joined about two months ago looking for info on several repairs I needed to make to my 1st Gen, 2001 Eddie Bauer Expy. This forum has a wealth of information and helped me make a few choices on the direction I wanted to take for a much needed face-lift for my old Expy.

It has definitely served me well. It survived a fatal rear end accident about 10 years ago. While at a stop light on the way home from work, I was rear ended by a guy who, according to witnesses, was driving about 65 mph. He didn't survive, but I did thanks to my gas guzzling beast. The insurance company told me it was cheaper to repair it than to total it based on their formula. $13K in repairs later, it had a new front end (I was pushed into the car in front of me), a new rear end and a new frame. Surprisingly, the only real mechanical problems I've had with it were the transmission (which I believe was related to the accident) and it spit out a spark plug (a common problem due to the lack of sufficient threads).

My son ended up with it and drove it hard (on and off road) for about a year. He got a new car this year, so I was going to sell it, but I just couldn't part with it. Instead, I decided to keep it and gave it a 217K mile face-lift. I just figured out how to upload pics, so I put some in my profile if anyone cares to see the progress.

Despite the lengthy intro, I'm not much for posting a lot, but I'll contribute when I can. Thanks - BBD

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Wow.... sounds like you survived what may have ended much worse if you were in a smaller vehicle!

Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
RevBBD

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome gentlemen