Another Newby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gcsprayjr

Reaction score
MVC-002F-1.jpg

The blue 2007 vic is my DD. I bought it in 2008 as a PGM car with 12K miles on it.

The red 2008 is my wife's car. We bought it brand new in 08. It just turned 30 k miles.

The F-350 is a 2002 that we bought new. It currently has 49K miles on it.

OP
OP
G

gcsprayjr

Reaction score
Picture1300-1.jpg

These are our two Trans AM's. The 82 is totally original with 24k miles on it. The 86 is mostly original with 30K miles on it. Both cars have multiple first place wins at regional car shows.

OP
OP
G

gcsprayjr

Reaction score
We got the Expedition back from the dealer on Thursday after they installed a new fuel pump. They checked over the vehicle and other then the coast clutch problem in the transmission the truck checked out great. That coast clutch can run like it is for a while, or the plastic can break into pieces and plug up the valve body stopping the trans from operating properly.

I have to make a decision if I want to put 4K into a transmission for a vehicle that is worth between 4500.00 to 6500.00? The dealer thinks that the best decision is to invest the money in the Expy, as it has just turned 100K miles and is otherwise a very nice example. Our mechanic thinks that the Expy has atleast another 100k miles left in her. My other choice is to trade for a newer model, lower mileage, F 150 Supercrew 4x4, or maybe a GM crewcab 4x4 1/2 ton truck that is similar.

OP
OP
G

gcsprayjr

Reaction score
The new fuel pump apparently fixed the problem. The truck is running great right now.

As soon as I picked up the vehicle from the dealership and got home I loaded six cd's into the in-dash CD-6 HU. The mechanism on the CD changer broke and all of my cd's were stuck inside of it. It would not play or eject them. We live so far back in the mountains that we don't have any radio stations in the area. I have an interface to play Pandora Internet radio through the HU, but don't use it every day as it will use data and costs extra money. So we usually just play cd's when driving locally. I tried removing the battery cable for 30 minutes to allow everything to reset, and no luck.

The SUV came with the cassette HU and a remote cd changer. It has the separate four channel power amplifier in the dash but no class D amp or subwoofer. It is called Premium Sound, which is one step lower then the Mach system. I believe that the Mach system is essentially the same system with the class D amp and sub added. The CD6's that do not have the 80 watt built-in amplifier work fine with the external amp and speakers in the Expy. The CD6's that have the built in 80 watt amp overpowers the external amp and the sound is distorted. I have been running an early CD6 from e-bay that has been flawless up to this point. This is the model that the mechanisms fail often, so I figured that it was a matter of time before it broke.

I have another CD6 still new in the box that was built for a later model Ford that has the Phase II plugs on it, but is otherwise compatable. It is part of the Audiophile system in some vehicles. Sort of confusing as most of the Audiophile units have the built in 80 watt amplifier. The later CD6's have an updated mechanism in them that is much more durable then the older versions. I ordered a World-Plug to Phase II adaptor which arrived yesterday. This morning I swapped it out and it is working perfectly. So, now the Expy is running good and has tunes...

Maybe that transmission will hold out for a while yet...