anti-theft handmade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acul1977

Reaction score
I would like to do a little anti-theft thing that prevents the car from starting. I thought about putting a hidden switch on the brake pedal wires to control the signal that the pedal is pressed to start the car. If this switch is off you cannot start because it asks you to always press the brake pedal. I saw the 4 wires coming out of the brake pedal, but I don't know which wire I should install the switch on.
What do you think? Is this stuff good to prevent my car from being stolen (if the key is cloned)? Do you have any other ideas?
THANKS

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe remove one pin at a time from the plug to see which are for the starter and which for the brake lights. You might throw a code however. I would like to do same. Hide a toggle switch or several.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 94 Ranger I cut the wire to the starter relay from the ignition switch. Ran it to a switch plainly visible in the dash that I could flip to off if I wanted it to interrupt the starter signal. I had 2 red switches for off road lights, 2 yellow switches 1 was the starter interrupt and the other was for 55watt reverse lights, and then 2 green switches for fog and driving lights. So it was hidden amongst them I suppose you could say. Anyway, it was broken into in the Pentagon parking lot and the federal officer said this was the first vehicle he'd seen in 15yrs that they bad guys failed to steal. The ignition switch was hanging out of the column, super cab window broken and blood everywhere. They stole everything they could, even my wife's McDonald's uniform.

So cheap and easy, I'd say it's worth it if there's concern about theft.

I guess this is a fairly new vehicle, my 2004 has no brake interrupt for starting, thankfully.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire