Anti theft issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
There are companies that you can send your cluster in and they fix it and send it back.(probably cheaper than ebay one) Just look up "instrument cluster repair"
Thanks for the info, but I've already purchased the 80,000 mile cluster. Can those companies reprogram the mileage?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can those companies reprogram the mileage?
It still might be cheaper to fix your cluster rather than have to pay for reprograming.
Best way to find out, call them.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
Ok, so here's an update on my issue. I purchased the 80,000 mile IC and sent it to a company to "clone" the info from my IC and install it in the replacement so it would be plug and play. I also asked if they could repair mine and after I told them the issues I was having, including the engine shutting off, they said probably not. I'm going on 3 weeks now with no issues where as before, i couldn't go a day without issues. So it appears it was the IC.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. A few days after I posted last, it started doing it again, randomly shutting the engine off while driving and all dashes on the info center from no pcm communication. I took it to a different dealership, they couldn't figure it out. Took it back to my regular dealership, they replaced the pcm relay which I already did, still doing it. Over the weekend I didn't think it was going to start, Kept losing pcm communication, took it back to the dealership 3 days ago, just got off the phone with them and they can't get it to do it even though it does it to me all the time. I'm about to sell the damn thing and buy a new durango. Any ideas anyone? You can tag through the thread to see what has been done

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any ideas anyone?
Now that you have been thru 2 IC and the way you explain it, it sounds like a lifted ground or inproper voltage.

So start from the beginning, have your battery professionally tested (it can read 12.6v / 1yr old and still be bad)

Use the "Voltage Drop Test" to check power wires and ground wires. (easy test that checks the wires and connections W/digital volt meter) There are post on here about corosion inside the wire insulation so you can not see it.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
So the issue is finally fixed. And a month and a half ago the tech finally got it to do it while his laptop was connected to it and was showing "key not detected" so the PATS transceiver was replaced. A week later and it was still doing it. Replaced the ignition switch, still doing it. Took it back to the dealership and they finally confirmed the PCM was bad. They got it to start by bypassing it. Replaced the PCM and all is well. Viper remote start is going back in next week, finally!