Any ideas for locating a squeaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cth777

Reaction score
Hi everyone- Been a little bit of a rough two months on the Expy with a new alternator and battery. Anyway, a few days ago a squeaking noise (sounds like metal on metal) started. I can hear it inside the car while driving. It also makes the noise if I bounce the car up and down or really with any vibration or movement. Ive narrowed it down to not in the wheel area, but it is in the front right of the car. It seems to be originating from below the windshield wiper fluid holder thing and behind the headlight wall. I am having a hard time getting in close there to figure it out, does anyone have any experience or tips? It is driving me crazy.
Any help would be appreciated- Thanks!

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not anything in the suspension? Squeaking can be a number of things including ball joints, control arm bushings etc.

OP
OP
C

cth777

Reaction score
I am pretty sure. The squeaking noise happens most easily when one pulls/pushes on the metal piece (I'm gonna give describing this a go) above the rubber/plastic shroud above the wheel well area but below the washer fluid. However, we cannot see what is causing the actual squeaking.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try rocking the engine back and forth it might be the engine mount. Or have friends rock the front of the truck to rule out suspension noise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt