Any one had any experience with one of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitrostangracing

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally have never had good luck with Harbor Freight Hydraulic Tools. I understand they offer a Warranty. When you have to use it 3 times in 6 months.......It is not good!

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has some good thing, but 90% of their stuff is cheaply made, parts don't always fit right, or break in the middle of using them. As long as you have one close enough to exchange the parts, I wouldn't do it..

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The big issue with these cheap benders is that you can't get a very tight bend on a large tube, like the 2 1/2" exhaust tube you'd be bending. You could give it a shot, but keep in mind that you will mess up a bunch of tubing while learning how to use it.

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The big issue with these cheap benders is that you can't get a very tight bend on a large tube, like the 2 1/2" exhaust tube you'd be bending. You could give it a shot, but keep in mind that you will mess up a bunch of tubing while learning how to use it.

See I don't mind making mistakes to learn ... I guess I was more concerned about longevity. Plus I am very easy on my stuff, I don't beat it to shit

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Its my understanding that you would not get that consistant diameter (inside pipe cross section) through out the bend that a mandrel bender does. You could have folds or kinks and will have decreasing diameter throughout the bend.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its my understanding that you would not get that consistant diameter through out the bend that a mandrel bender does. You could have folds or kinks and a decreasing diameter throughout the bend.

Definitely, it's a crush bender... I would spend that $169 and buy mandrel bent sections of pipe to go over the axles, etc...

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that bender sucks they have a manual one too, it really sucks trust me. the only thing it is good for is sometimes you can get it to work ok on really small thick wall stuff. any thing close to roll bar size forget it. their manual one is only good for making the s type bends you see between mail box posts, outta solid stock.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have one of those and for exhaust they SUCK A$$... but work great for heavier tubing and such