Any way to disable memory seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the mirrors and seats options was just accessed from the cluster options. I turned mine off over a year ago and forgot about it.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On your instrument panel thingy in the speedometer, do you have a program called "easy entry"? If you do set it to off, that'll turn off the memory seat nonsense

I have an xlt and all I get is trip settings but I know EB has a message center on the bottom right... scroll through and let us know

Otherwise my internet research keeps yielding unplugging the memory setting do hicky under the seat

So, yeah. This may have been one of the dumbest questions I've asked on one of these forums (and that's saying a lot!). The 'easy entry' setting and the reverse mirrors can be turned off with the three buttons under the odometer.

My excuse(s) for not easily finding this are: In the index under "seats" and "memory", it refers to 2 pages - one for programming the fobs and one for setting the positions with the armrest buttons. Nowhere in or near those sections does it talk about turning the feature on or off.

But even more of a consternation for me is the removal of the air ride (I think I posted about this earlier). The truck's been converted to shocks and springs, and the message center constantly flashes "check air suspension", to the point that you cannot access the menu (unless you hit 'clear', which zeros the trip odometer, mileage average, etc.), so I never did get into the menu to see that this is an easy thing to do.

Sorry for the unnecessary question, but I sure do appreciate the replies that pointed me in the right direction!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ok I searched here and found two interesting answers, theres what seen to be a switch in back rear quarter panel driver side that can disable the annoying beeping everytime you start the car but it doesnt solve the light issue

Second is if you press reset three times fast it supposedly turns off the message for a couple hundred miles at a time but I'm not sure if that post was from a member that drove constantly hundreds of miles or if he means that on numerous occasions it stays for for a hundred miles

Finally, apparently theres a light bulb that you can pull off behind te cluster... to me that's too much work until one day it just ****** me off to the boling point

Heres what my search pulled out. Read the last 2 posts of every one of the three threads as they seem to contain all the neccessary information needed...

https://www.expeditionforum.com/sea...+air+suspension&t=post&o=date&c[title_only]=1

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm gonna try this tomorrow! Thanks! I can probably live with hitting "Reset" x3 every time I drive it. I hope this doesn't clear the avg mpg, because I'd kind of like to get a feel for this, and I can't afford to fill the tank all the time!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL you bought the wrong car for this, assume your average is 13-13.5 mpg... for the 3 years I been a member here everyone gets that with their 2nd & 3rd gens.

And dont feel too bad, you most likely have a 26 gallon tank, I got stuck with a mentally disabled unicorn of an expedition, mine has a 36 gallon tank for some God awful reason and while some might think that's great and all you'd have to live with it to understand... start pumping gas and go inside the gas station and forget how thirsty your tank is and walk out to see $125+ fill up charge!