Anyone have a Gibson catback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EricH

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mostly want a small difference.
I want to hear more exhaust upon acceleration but none during cruising.
The magnaflow sounded nice on my Avalanche but too much drone on my G8.
We put a Flowmaster 40 on our Tahoe back in '03 and it was horrible.
People in the back had to raise their voices considerably just to hold a conversation with people in the front when cruising highway speeds.

Personally I would rather hear the sound of the exhaust over that of the engine when idling and accelerating.

OP
OP
EricH

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed it Friday. I must say it is a sweet sounding exhaust!
Def not the loud rumble as my Magnaflow or Flowmaster exhausts. If you want sound, they are better for that.
The Gibson gives a nice rumble upon start and acceleration. I also added an Airaid CAI at the same time and can definitely hear a difference with it. The CAI changed the way the OE exhaust sounded. And you can hear it in the Gibson exhaust even more.

The only droning I noticed whatsoever is around 65-70 mph if going either uphill or into the wind. But it was not to the point in which I needed to turn up the radio or to where I could not hold a conversation with the people in the third row. You just merely hear an exhaust tone. The rest of the time it is pretty muted while cruising.
It is 100% what I was looking for- aggressive when dropping the throttle. Yet mild when cruising.
Very nice!

OP
OP
EricH

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's hard to tell exactly. I do notice it downshifts and accelerates more smoothly/quickly.
I guess the site claims something like 15hp.
Honestly, it has to add something. It just felt like before I was always driving into a bit of a headwind when trying to accelerate. That is gone now. It is still FAR from a speed demon though.

But it's kinda like what I call the 'Harley Effect'. It sure sounds like I'm going faster! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev