Anyone have the projector lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They do look good. my friend works at autozone and they have started carrying like a 4inch HID driving light. kinda pricey but they are a 6000k and they would be super duper bright lol

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got my HIDs from the ebay store "HIDgate" they were 39.99 shipped.. so far been a year in my truck and no problem except one fog light bulb I broke offroading but called company and they sent me a new one for free... I think either one or two year warranty...

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have projectors on my expy and my focus... i will put them on my new expy i buy and any other vehicle i buy.... the light output on them is amazing and they look cool too..... just my opinion but the projectors seem to def have further reach out and up... illuminating alot more than the stock headlights.....

locosol96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put projectors on my '03 EB that I got off EBay a few weeks ago. The halogen bulb output was just as good as stock. Then I put in 6000K HID bulbs, and BAM! I wanted something brighter than stock, as it's dark when I leave for work AND dark when I come home.

The housings came complete with all bulbs and dropped right in. I totally disagree with the blanket statement about things on EBay being crap. If you take your time and look carefully, you can get some great stuff.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the projectors with HIDs have pretty good light output? like is the light scattered still or is it pretty clear?

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put projectors on my '03 EB that I got off EBay a few weeks ago. The halogen bulb output was just as good as stock. Then I put in 6000K HID bulbs, and BAM! I wanted something brighter than stock, as it's dark when I leave for work AND dark when I come home.

The housings came complete with all bulbs and dropped right in. I totally disagree with the blanket statement about things on EBay being crap. If you take your time and look carefully, you can get some great stuff.

Was it a different type of HID bulb that you installed or was it a 9007 bulb for the projector?

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Which projectors? Which bulbs?

locosol96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) Do the projectors with HIDs have pretty good light output? like is the light scattered still or is it pretty clear?
I think the output is just fine. I had to adjust the aim of the lights slightly as they were aimed low. But otherwise they look fine to me. Yeah, they probably would look better if I bought some TSX or S2000 assemblies. But, for the money, I'm happy. Doesn't mean you will be.
I've done custom projector builds before. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Working 70 hours a week and having an 18 month old does not leave me enough free time. I just wanted something I could bolt in and live with until I have the time to do a REAL projector build for myself.

2) Was it a different type of HID bulb that you installed or was it a 9007 bulb for the projector?
They take H3. I waited until they came in before I ordered my HID kit just to be sure.

3) Which projectors?
Bought from EBay seller autopartsavenue. I got the Euro style. I wanted something completely blacked out, without gaudy chrome inserts or LED strips or any of that crap. They have HALOS surrounds for low/high beam, but I did not hook them up. I'm going to paint my trim in a few weeks, so I want that monochromatic look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5ca12d40

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) Do the projectors with HIDs have pretty good light output? like is the light scattered still or is it pretty clear?
I think the output is just fine. I had to adjust the aim of the lights slightly as they were aimed low. But otherwise they look fine to me. Yeah, they probably would look better if I bought some TSX or S2000 assemblies. But, for the money, I'm happy. Doesn't mean you will be.
I've done custom projector builds before. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Working 70 hours a week and having an 18 month old does not leave me enough free time. I just wanted something I could bolt in and live with until I have the time to do a REAL projector build for myself.

2) Was it a different type of HID bulb that you installed or was it a 9007 bulb for the projector?
They take H3. I waited until they came in before I ordered my HID kit just to be sure.

3) Which projectors?
Bought from EBay seller autopartsavenue. I got the Euro style. I wanted something completely blacked out, without gaudy chrome inserts or LED strips or any of that crap. They have HALOS surrounds for low/high beam, but I did not hook them up. I'm going to paint my trim in a few weeks, so I want that monochromatic look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5ca12d40

Is there any way you could take a picture of the cutoff or the light output of your projectors? Just to give me an idea. Or if anyone else has a picture that would be helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a couple of more questions and im done i swear lol. How is the high beam? Do they shine pretty well? and how do you convert an h3 bulb to the 9007 harness