Anyone have the tq specs and sequence for the intake manifold on 99-04 navi 5.4 dohc? Helppp lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy J

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i am just finishing a complete tear down and rebuild on my 03 navigator. I have the torque specs and sequence for everything except for the upper and lower intake manifold. I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find them. I would use the specs from the 4.6 na cobra, but i know they are too different, and the lincoln manifold has more bolt holes which will throw the sequence off. I am pretty much stuck here, and i know that these manifolds are pretty sensitive and prone to vacuum leaks. If anyone has the specs and sequence and would be willing to share id really appreciate it. Im pretty sure they are the same for the 99-04 dohc in the navigator so if you happen to have them for any.of those years ill gladly take it.

Thank you,

Andy

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tighten in two stages. First tighten to 10Nm ( 89 lb in ) in the sequence shown below. Then go around again and tighten an additional 90 degree turn on each bolt.

Lower Intake Manifold

upload_2018-5-28_22-25-5.png

Upper Intake Manifold

upload_2018-5-28_22-33-16.png

Cross Over (or balance tube) is torqued to 10Nm but no additional tightening turn ...

upload_2018-5-28_22-35-42.png

The torques are displayed in the INTAKE Removal and Installation section of the shop manual.
You can download a copy free here: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/hoVVsN5P2A

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See what I read was totally different. It said torque to 30 ft lbs initially, then tighten 90 degrees, then a third time 90 degrees. That seems way too much and cracking a plastic manifold. 89 inch pounds makes more sense. That's 7.5 ft pounds then another 90 degrees, which adds another 12 ft lb. Maximum torque spec for 8mm 8.8 hardness nuts is 18-19 ft lbs. Theirs many tightening sequence charts Online. Don't you own the Lincoln repair CD? With this major of job, id hope so!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk