Anyone here ever relocated the reverse lights and put turn signals in their place?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an idea while I was at work today, but can't quite put it together mainly due to a wiring issue. Here is what I am going for. essentially I want to have separate amber turn signals to make myself more visible when I intend to turn so people may actually see I want to merge into another lane.

I'm guessing I am going to have to draw power from the front turn signals since there are only three wires going to the rear tail light bulb. "stop/turn+" "parking light" and "ground"

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an idea while I was at work today, but can't quite put it together mainly due to a wiring issue. Here is what I am going for. essentially I want to have separate amber turn signals to make myself more visible when I intend to turn so people may actually see I want to merge into another lane.

I'm guessing I am going to have to draw power from the front turn signals since there are only three wires going to the rear tail light bulb. "stop/turn+" "parking light" and "ground"
Find your turn+ and get ground wire from the body then run the wires from your reverse lights sand run where ever u want

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will clash...blinking red and yellow lights would be too much as the same time and I dont think it will have the effect you may think it will...get the blinking led bar that is also reverse lights...

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
off topic.. but i was thinking of adding hids to the reverse lights shouldnt melt as they arent on too long.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
off topic.. but i was thinking of adding hids to the reverse lights shouldnt melt as they arent on too long.
I had a set but the connectors didnt fit...im going to order another set in the future
Add LEDs there as bright and work fine
I have Oracle Cree reverse bulbs which are LEDs...they work good

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to have the indicator job removed from the tail lights. It'll just be the amber bulb in the reverse light housing blinking like in the video

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I guess the real issue isn't adding the turn signal bulb (that's easy), it's stopping the original turn signal from working without compromising the brake light function.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess the real issue isn't adding the turn signal bulb (that's easy), it's stopping the original turn signal from working without compromising the brake light function.

exactly. I need to find where the tail light gets power when the turn signal is flashing and redirect it to the new bulb.

guess it's time to search through the service dvd :/

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd enough it's not giving any detail as to how it separates the brake from the turn signal or where the turn signal is merged with the wire going to the tail light. If i had to guess it's as simple as a large diode on the circuit going to the front turn lamp to prevent back feeding the turn circuit when the brake is applied