Anyone try these shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Considering the expedition is strut style suspension with the shock absorber running through the spring, I don’t see how this would even remotely work. They give no information on their site, and the stock photo shows a design that is not compatible with the 2018-2023 expeditions.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Considering the expedition is strut style suspension with the shock absorber running through the spring, I don’t see how this would even remotely work. They give no information on their site, and the stock photo shows a design that is not compatible with the 2018-2023 expeditions.

Assuming the airbags would replace the coil spring, those could fit. As far as how well they would work, I can't say.

Here's an example of a complete rear strut for a 2018 Expedition. It looks very similar to the photo from the site.

1696803533143.png

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Assuming the airbags would replace the coil spring, those could fit. As far as how well they would work, I can't say.

Here's an example of a complete rear strut for a 2018 Expedition. It looks very similar to the photo from the site.

View attachment 79015
That’s a front strut not a rear one. The wings for the bottom mounting bolts identify it as a front strut. The rears are a pass through bolt. The overall strut design between the front and rear is similar in stock form. If that air bag has no center spine or internal support, I would not feel comfortable that it could hold its shape and keep body rigidity and sway in check.

If the OP is seriously considering this rout, it’s going to take a lot of custom fab to find a spot for the compressor, air tank, all associated fittings and lines, and wiring with interior control panel install.

I would call the manufacturer and ask them many questions about this kit, make sure this isn’t meant for a second or third generation expedition.

See if they have a prototype already running that they can send you pictures of.

OP, let us know what you find out.

OP
OP
T

tj8522

Reaction score
I will most likely not go this route, but just thought it looked interesting.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't that similar to what the suburban's air ride was a generation or two ago? I have seen that sort of suspension used on all sorts of vehicles and was fairly well liked. I know nothing about this kit but there is potential that it could be okay.

It would not be that tough to get a compressor and air tank under the expedition and wiring doesn't need to be that complicated. Heck, now days with apps and bluetooth it could all be controlled with a phone.