Anyone using JMS Boostmax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put one in my 2016 Expy EL, pretty easy to do. Has a knob to control the performance - can be set from 0 to 100% increase. I used to keep it at 100% but got some crappy 93 octane gas once and when I stomped on it, had some knocking. I now keep it at around 75% and always run at least 92 octane. Seems to be working fine with that. It really "hits" hard when you get on it! JMS literature says 89hp improvement with 93 + octane at 100% setting. You can feel the difference with this and as others stated, it can be removed easily.

Good info!

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blah, Blah, Blah.

I have never owned a vehicle that was not tuned or modded. I HAVE NEVER had an issue with a Warranty claim. Be respectful to the dealer, and pick a good dealer and you will never have any issues.

Can any Tuner void your warranty, Yes. Likelihood , Slim.

With all this discussion, some by me about warranty fears I completely forgot that I had my SLK reflashed when I replaced the stock crank pulley with the largest that would fit. The reflash complemented the higher boost from my supercharger.......has gone to the dealer twice afterward....never even came up for discussion at the dealer...I don't think they cared since typically, engines last forever in those cars.

jeff