Are you looking for a blue Platinum Max with bench seats and 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, "my" car finally arrived at the dealer on 4/27, 3 months to the day from the time I placed my deposit. This was the one that got built "wrong" (factory omitted the HD tow package), and I had to start over with a completely new order in early April, so I'm waiting again. Anyway, I went by to look at it today and it is sweet, but we need the HD tow because we pull a travel trailer. So it's available for anyone else--I know that the second row bench seats are pretty hard to come by. Dealer's price on the window is $75685 and reflects discounts and rebates. MSRP is $80060. Nice car if it is what you're hunting for.

Astro

Reaction score
I have a blue Platinum (regular length) with HD tow and 2nd row bench. I can testify to the difficulty of finding the 2nd row bench in a Platinum, with HD tow. We had to drive 3.5 hours (one way) to Louisiana to get ours. So far we are quite happy with it though! We got the regular length because we have a small family and it fits in our garage.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Well, "my" car finally arrived at the dealer on 4/27, 3 months to the day from the time I placed my deposit. This was the one that got built "wrong" (factory omitted the HD tow package), and I had to start over with a completely new order in early April, so I'm waiting again. Anyway, I went by to look at it today and it is sweet, but we need the HD tow because we pull a travel trailer. So it's available for anyone else--I know that the second row bench seats are pretty hard to come by. Dealer's price on the window is $75685 and reflects discounts and rebates. MSRP is $80060. Nice car if it is what you're hunting for.
Not for $80k

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is no doubt Ford has these Expeditions a little overpriced. Hard to believe a mid level (Limited) Expedition MAX is more expensive than a fully loaded Yukon XL Denali. The Platinum Max is up in the Cadillac Escalade Price range. Wait a year and I will guarantee Ford will start lowering the prices, especially with the next gen Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalades coming out next year.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sure all manufacturers will offer rebates etc. The only Ford product that I haven't seen any rebates is the SVT line. I was just inquiring on a Raptor and all dealers had mark-ups on top of MSRP. Some as low as 5k and as high as 20k. That was insane.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3 yrs ago when the gms were released, fully loaded they were 10k more than there nearest competitor. Even now, the ford s fully loaded are less than the gms fully loaded. What makes gms seem cheaper is they are easy to option up as gm doent pkg specific options together like the ford does.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is no doubt Ford has these Expeditions a little overpriced. Hard to believe a mid level (Limited) Expedition MAX is more expensive than a fully loaded Yukon XL Denali. The Platinum Max is up in the Cadillac Escalade Price range. Wait a year and I will guarantee Ford will start lowering the prices, especially with the next gen Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalades coming out next year.
If you think that's bad, after all the discounting, I could've gotten a Yukon XL Denali for less than I paid for my XLT FX4. And that was with X-Plan pricing.