Auto stop delete in Sport Drive Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donn Brink

Reaction score
Didn’t know until today. Put the rig in Sport Mode and the Auto start / stop mode is disabled ! Best solution yet. Truck drives better, transmission shifts are more solid and no negative effect on overall m.p.g. Wonder why Ford elected to disable it in Sport Mode ???

Sowie1701

Reaction score
So when your at the stop light and decide to goose it doesn’t decide to shut off as the light changes green and the mustang next to you shoots off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didn’t know until today. Put the rig in Sport Mode and the Auto start / stop mode is disabled ! Best solution yet. Truck drives better, transmission shifts are more solid and no negative effect on overall m.p.g. Wonder why Ford elected to disable it in Sport Mode ???
i would argue the mpg comment.
look at your idle and cruising RPM.. I think you will find it's running at 1k higher than normal. Does this to give you maximum torque on takeoff, but you do pay for it in fuel.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody that wants performance doesn't want their engine shutting off at will. Its as simple as that.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whaaatt? Is this true? Gotta go for a ride now! And sport mode is pretty cool, and quick!

OP
OP
D

Donn Brink

Reaction score
Yes true....ASS is turned-off the second you switch to "Sport" mode. The m.p.g. has not changed from driving in the "normal drive" mode....Keep in mind that just because you hold shifts longer, and your tachometer indicates that your turning a slightly higher rpm at all speeds, that your losing mpg...Lugging in the "lazy normal mode" is not where this motor likes to be run...I am simply happy because I was just about to order the ASS Eliminator, but really now no need to....I get in, shift to drive, turn the dial 3 turns to the right and roll ! All good !