Autozone coil springs and shocks???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris08LTD

Reaction score
My 4x2 98's rear suspension has been sagging lately and I can hear the compressor run more. I've seen the kits that are out there for the conversion. But what's your take on the coil springs ($113 set) and shocks ($35 each) from autozone? Any forum members here took this route? I'm just thinking, springs are springs and shocks are shocks. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just trying to save some $$$$ in these tough times. Also found this thread on another site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/953696-85-or-less-rear-air-to-coil-suspension-conversion.html

Last edited:

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm running autozone shocks in the back of my civic no problems at all, plus can't beat the life time warranty

OP
OP
C

Chris08LTD

Reaction score
Finally done with my conversion. The check suspension light is on as I expect. I'm gonna take the bulb off. My question is should I also take the fuse out that powers the compressor. Or cut the wire that powers the compressor. After doing this, Should I turn the suspension switch on under the dash. Reason I'm asking is. I read that the air suspension is tied in to the speed sensitive steering module and the steering is gonna be real light if I don't turn the switch on. Thanks

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in your passenger side kick pannelthere is an on and off swictch to control the air compressor. just turn it off

jasonp615

Reaction score
were the autozone coils stock height

i was once informed that to do it that way i would need longer coils than what the stock non air ride expo uses. Did u use stock height rear coils or longer and if stock did the rear sit low after the conversion

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was once informed that to do it that way i would need longer coils than what the stock non air ride expo uses. Did u use stock height rear coils or longer and if stock did the rear sit low after the conversion

Im using 2" drop springs...so not true

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)