Awd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alrighit I think I understand the differnce between AWD and 4H, but my question is it there supposed to be a light on on the dash when AWD is engaged? I have a light when in 4H just wondering it is my first time using AWD since I got the Expy in March. 2003 5.4 4X4 XLT

Thanks,

Eric

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no, there is no light. Only the 4x4 modes have a light to say if they are engaged. There prob isnt a light for it because AWD can be used on dry pavement. 4x4 should not so there is indicator in case you forgot it was on.

OP
OP
brockncole

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks
My old trucks with 4X4 where F-150's and didn't have A4WD, so it is new and a differnt feel.

OP
OP
brockncole

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am getting used to it... I love it in snow not sure about it on the ice, but is there anything good on the ice?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i've hit black ice in the mountains in mine. the a4wd kicked in and the fronts pulled me through. was a nice feeling when the fronts started to grab and pull.

rcab85

Reaction score
hey guys question related to this topic... my light is usually on all the time but today from time to time it went out only breifly for a second then came back on it did this about 5 times? expedition is a 97 thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX