Back in an expy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

secondechomatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad to be back in a great truck!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 98 EB. Blue/tan. 5.4, Air ride, the works.

Body has 170k on it, New Ford short block has 39k on it. Came from PA. Spotless! Not like the other rust buckets here in Michigan!

PO made a front bumper out of fiberglass, installed a rollpan. It also has lightning headlights.

The interior is spotless! No tears in the leather even!

I got this beaut for $1800!

First steps were to get a stock bumper at a junk yard and install it. I then got some of the duplicolor spray bed liner. I did the roll pan, the EB trim, the fender flares and the bumper pad.

Today I finished ripping out the Mach (crap) head unit, 6 disk and blown speakers. I installed a Kenwood head unit, and some nice components in the doors.

Got this all done in time to take a trip with the family for camping. I'll try to snap a few pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

secondechomatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not bad. I kinda want to see what that old bumper looked like...

It was solid fiberglass. About 14" from top to bottom. It went across the entire front of the expy. It was black. That's about it.

It wasn't horrible, but I really dig the looks of the stock bumper. There was also the safety factor of steel vs. fiberglass. I also wanted the foglights back.

Truck ran us up to northern Michigan and back, 4 hrs each way. No issues whatsoever! This thing is awesome!