Back Up Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csledge

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing (beep w/no obstacles). Had my Exp for a couple of years and just assumed that's what it should be doing (although infrequently it would not beep and figured it was failing). Sounds like it's the other way around (infrequently working...).

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year(s) are your Expeditions? If the sensor heads are visible, then you can easily check the alignment. Some years had hidden sensor heads (behind the bumper cover; no holes), and for these you have to crawl under the vehicle to see the sensors. But either way, a quick alignment check on the sensors may reveal the issue.

OP
OP
C

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
What year(s) are your Expeditions? If the sensor heads are visible, then you can easily check the alignment. Some years had hidden sensor heads (behind the bumper cover; no holes), and for these you have to crawl under the vehicle to see the sensors. But either way, a quick alignment check on the sensors may reveal the issue.

Mine is an '03 EB ... I'll check that today...Thank you.

csledge

Reaction score
Mine's an '03 EB as well but won't get a chance to check until this weekend.. Appreciate anything ccarnes can find out in the meantime..