Bad Stereo reception, how do I attach the antenna to the glass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yourfavgui

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to this forum stuff, please bear with me.
I bought an 05 expedition and found later the rear passenger quarter glass had once been broken with the antenna, there is a lead or pigtail off the antenna that attaches to the glass. Can I just solder the wire to the glass?

Here are some pics of the glass connector and then the wire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 58

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know if it just the size of the connectors in each pic, but it looks as though something is missing. What is soldered on the glass in the 2nd pic appears larger than the hole in the plug.

You can solder to the trace that is on the glass. Just be careful not to overheat it and the glass or it may release from it. You may consider looking at another expy that has that connection.

OP
OP
Y

Yourfavgui

Reaction score
I looked at an 04 but it was a blade type connection, the square white end accepts the "needle" from the the antenna wire running from the stereo. I'm guessing the other end of the black wire was clipped. I've called, Ford, glass, and audio places with no luck.

I think I'll find an eyelet connector to go around the "button" on the glass and solder it on, unless you have any other suggestions

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could strip and tin the antenna wire and just tack it on the solder pad that is already on the glass. It would take more heat for an eyelet vs the wire.