Battery Draining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfoster485

Reaction score
2004 Ford expedition. Battery keeps draining. Truck was bought back around January and I thought it just needed a new battery. Put that in and 8 months later dead again. I saw online that they are known for the rear wiper motor not parking causing it to drain the battery. I don't know much about electrical. I started messing with the fuses last night and found a black and red wire that didn't look like it belonged. The guy I bought it from stated he had a aftermarket alarm that was causing issues that he had removed. So it might have been something with that alarm. But when I started to move that wire around to see where it was running to, the fuse box started clicking non stop. I tried pulling some relays to try and get it to stop ,but didn't work. I also noticed while the fuse/relay where clicking the inside dome lights where flashing at the same time. Anyone else have a simular issue or any suggestions?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can find that wire up behind the fusebox try disconnecting it from the fusebox or wherever it's hooked into. Doesn't sound like he had everything removed, and was probably having the same issue you're having now and just decided to get rid of the Expy instead of fixing it correctly. You might look around up under the dash for a module ( electrical box ) that doesn't look factory. Remove that as well.