2001 battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtruman

Reaction score
2001 battery draining, how do i disconnect it? I tried to take off the cover on back piece but the handle is in the way. Any advice

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2001 battery draining, how do i disconnect it? I tried to take off the cover on back piece but the handle is in the way. Any advice

Disconnect the battery negative battery terminal connector.

Do you have a power drain? A common issue with older Expedition models seems to be the rear wiper motor stuck “on”, draining the battery - due to a corroded wiper arm shaft which causes the arm to stick and not return to park.

If this seems to be the issue, some have removed the rear wiper fuse until they repair the arm or shaft, to prevent the battery drain.

OP
OP
D

Dtruman

Reaction score
So the fuse should fix the problem. Im so fed up with this darn turd. Im trying to sell it, was gonna put a cheep tire on it cause its leaking. Tire was wopper jawed couldnt get it off. Gave up, went to park it and busted a break line.

Reaction score
I have found over the years, an alternator as it fails and draws power through bad diodes. Had a rebuild auto zone alt do that to me 5 years or so ago. The battery would drain in 2 weeks sitting. replaced after a long talk with az. Now can sit for a month and starts fine. FYI.